Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pico De Gallo

One of the best things about Summer is gardening. I just love when you get to go out on your own property and pick fresh vegetables and fruit that you grew yourself. Even better....cooking with your bounty. Here's one on my favorite snacks to make using those beautiful, fresh tomatoes...

Pico De Gallo
3-4 med. size roma tomatoes, diced
2-3 jalapeno peppers, diced
1/2 a medium white onion, diced
1/3 c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon
salt to taste

In a small mixing bowl combine tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, cilantro & garlic. Stir to combine. Juice lemon and add to mixture. Stir well. Season with salt to your taste and serve chilled.

Click HERE for printable recipe

2 comments:

Marmee's Pantry said...

OH! That looks SOOOOO good! I LOVE salsa/pico de galo!!! :-P Your recipe is almost identical to mine except I use lime juice instead of lemon. Great minds think alike, huh? '-)

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><
P.S. I'm on my way over w/a bag of tortilla chips!

Keeper of the Home said...

Sun chips are great with this....I use lime juice from time to time, it just depends on what I have on hand. Sometimes I even add in a little diced bell pepper if I'm in the mood.