Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pre-Packaging

If your like me, you love cooking with shredded cheese. But it can play havoc on some folks digestive tract. So our trusty friend Benefiber always comes in handy. So when buying my shredded cheese in bulk at Sam's I separate it into smaller freezer bags for easier use. Since Benefiber comes in a handy powder form, it's easy for me to add a tablespoon or two to the bags before freezing. This way when I pull out a package to use in a casserole or such, I won't have to remember to add it to whatever I'm cooking. Or if I happen to run out of Benefiber, it'll already be in the cheese and I won't have to worry about it. The bags that I add it to are easily identified by a "B" so that we know which ones have the powder and which ones don't.

 

No comments: