Monday, July 13, 2009

Easy &Tasty Treat

If you know me, you know that I am a huge Gooseberry Patch fan. I have been collecting their cookbooks for years now and have been published in several of them. They are just such great books. I love the stories and tips that are included in each book. The recipes are full of everyday, staple pantry items, so they are certainly user and budget friendly recipe books. Here's a fun, easy desert from the one of their books, Church Suppers, that will make any ice cream fan happy. I'm making it for our picnic luncheon tomorrow. I can hardly wait to dig into it.

Ice Cream Delight
(recipe author: Kristen Oudshoorn of Maryland)

12 ice cream sandwiches
6 1/2 oz. can chocolate flavored whipped topping
12 oz. pkg. malted milk balls, crushed

Arrange 4 ice cream sandwiches side by side on a serving platter. Spread a layer of whipped topping over sandwiches. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the crushed malt balls. Repeat layers, ending with the malt balls. Freeze for 3 hours. Serves: 8-10





For the version I made, I used mini ice cream sandwiches and one small tub of regular whipped topping that I allowed to thaw; and had only 1 layer instead of two as I used a wider casserole dish to begin with. I also didn't use all of the malted milk balls, only a 1/3rd of the box and then a handful sprinkled on top to garnish. I bet this would be great garnished with Heath candy baking pieces as well.

Click HERE for printable recipe

No comments: