Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Heavenly Eggs

Some have looked at me strange when I call my eggs "Heavenly Eggs" because the most widely used name is deviled eggs. Well, call me strange but if I am not to give the devil a foothold in my life, I am certainly not going to give him a place in my food either. Ephesians 4:27 "Neither give place to the devil." Since everything I have comes from the LORD, I give HIM all glory and honor in every area...including my eggs.

Heavenly Eggs
12 Raw eggs (or however many you need for your serving tray)
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Salt
Pepper
Minced garlic
Old Bay Seasoning


Place uncooked eggs in a large pot and fill with enough cold water to cover. Cover with lid. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20-25 minutes.


Allow eggs to cool and then peel.


Slice each egg in half.


Gently scoop out yolk and place in a small mixing bowl.


Set egg shells aside.


Add mayo, mustard, salt, pepper garlic, and Old Bay together with egg yolks. Amounts of each ingredient are dependent upon your taste.


Using a fork, mash yolks to mix all ingredients well.


Spoon filling back into egg shells and place on egg tray.


Garnish with Old Bay sprinkled on top of each egg.


Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. (you don't want to make these too far ahead of time as they will begin to get watery - but one day in advance will be fine.)

Click HERE for printable recipe


No comments: