Friday, October 26, 2012

Spaghetti Casserole

The other day I told you about my new Gooseberry Patch book, "Big Book Of Holiday Cooking." Well, last night I tried my first recipe from it and it was delicious!  I even used my new 9"x13" casserole dish from my new Temp-tations bakeware.

1 c. onions, chopped 
1 c. green pepper, chopped 
1 Tblsp. butter 
28-oz can tomatoes, undrained 
4-oz can mushrooms, drained 
2 2-1/2 oz cans sliced black olives, drained 
2 tsp. oregano 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. pepper 
1-lb ground beef, browned & drained 
12-oz spaghetti, cooked & drained 
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese 
10-1/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup 
1/4 c. water 
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese


Saute' onion & green pepper in butter in a large skillet until tender.
 Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, salt & pepper.
 Add ground beef and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Place 1/2 the spaghetti in a greased 9"x13" casserole dish.
Top with 1/2 the meat mixture.
 Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers.
Combine soup and water in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Pour soup over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
 Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 35 minutes or until heated through. Serves 12.
 
Recipe source: Gooseberry Patch "Big Book Of Holiday Cooking" pg. 41 

Click HERE for printable recipe

 

No comments: