Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chicken Justin

The other night we were playing a game of Chicken Foot Dominoes and Canasta with our family and friends. Well I happened to be thumbing through a few pages of our score note pad and I found a recipe I had written down back in October of 2006 from the first aired episode of Justin Wilson's cooking show. The RFD channel was playing a rerun tribute to him and I happened to tune in at the right time! As I read it over, I thought it would be a great time to finally try it out. Which is what we did the other night.



Chicken Justin
1 whole chicken - cut up
salt & pepper to season (can use black or cayenne pepper)
4 c. diced onion
1 c. diced celery
1 c. chopped parsley
1 c. chopped bell pepper
1/2 c. pimentos
Dash of hot sauce mixed into 4 c. wine (I used chicken stock)
2 Tblsp. Worcestershire sauce

Grease a 9x13" casserole dish with non stick spray or butter. Add chicken and top with remaining ingredients. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at 350*.

Click HERE for printable recipe

No comments: