Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crockpot Mexajita Chicken

I saw this recipe the other day on Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on the Food Network and knew it was something I wanted to try. I did change things up some as I am using what I have on hand. My alterations will be listed to the side of the original recipe.

Mexajita Chicken

3 Tblsp canola oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry
Salt & pepper to taste
2 (16-oz) cans pinto beans, undrained (I used black beans)
2 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes w/ chilies
1 Tblsp fajita seasoning (I used taco seasoning)

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.


Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in the skillet and sear about 2 minutes per side.

Place beans in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.

Remove chicken from skillet and place the in the slow cooker on top of the beans.

Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and beans and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.

Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 to 4 hours.

Click HERE for printable recipe



No comments: