Sunday, June 20, 2010

Boy Did I Need To Go To The Market


After cleaning out the icebox Friday, I knew it was time to make a trip to the market. I hadn't grocery shopped since April, which was a good thing...but we are now needing to replenish things. Even though we may have had slim pickings for dinner ingredients, I didn't let that stop me from making a hearty and filling dinner. What little was left over that I had for lunch today was so good. You can really taste the bacon in it....yum!!

Slim Pickin' Soup

3-5 slices of bacon
1-lb. ground turkey
1 (15-oz) can cream of corn
2 (10 3/4-oz) cans cream of chicken soup; undiluted
2 c. milk
1/4 c. chicken stock
1/4 of a 2-lb. block processed cheese w/peppers
salt & pepper to taste
3 Tblsp. sour cream


Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a medium size skillet until crisp. Remove from grease and drain on paper towel.


Add ground turkey to the bacon grease in skillet and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.





In a large stock pot add cream of corn, cooked turkey, soups, milk, stock, cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to mix well. Allow mixture to simmer over med-low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.


Stir in bacon. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.


Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve warm.

Click HERE for printable recipe

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

that looks good - I really like creamy soups

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

I love it when we, wives and mothers, are "creative" when it looks like there aren't many resources to "create" from. This soup sounds really yummy ... Mrs.B