Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Gooseberry Patch Party & Recipe Review...Continued



As you know from my last post, Carol at is hosting a Gooseberry Patch party & recipe review. Last night I made "Angie's Taco Pie" for my recipe submission but....since the guidelines had the participants select 4 recipes to choose from I thought I would go ahead and make one of the other recipes from my list.


I believe you are only allowed 1 entry per person so I am just making this one for fun. Besides that....it's a Gooseberry Patch recipe so you know it's going to be fun and tasty!

Sloppy Joe Bake

2 c. biscuit baking mix
1/2 c. milk
2 T. butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1-lb. ground beef
1 (15-1/2 oz) can sloppy Joe sauce
4 slices American cheese, halved


Combine biscuit baking mix, milk, butter and egg together. Mix well. Spread batter onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9"x9" baking dish. Set aside.


Brown meat in a skillet & drain grease. Return meat to skillet and add in sloppy Joe sauce. Prepare according package directions.


Spoon meat mixture evenly over batter. Bake*, uncovered, for 25 minutes.


Arrange cheese on top and return to oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6



*The recipe, as printed in the cookbook, accidentally left out the temperature of the oven that you bake it at. So I contacted GBP and they stated the correct temperature is 400*.

Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch's cookbook Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets

Click HERE for printable recipe

No comments: