Monday, April 18, 2016

Alfredo Rosa

  Tonight I was in the mood something quick and easy with my favorite thing...pasta! Of course when I think quick, I immediately know it's time for my trusty friend, my Pressure Cooker. 

Culling through the pantry I spied a jar of Alfredo sauce. Oh how I love my Alfredo sauce. yes,jar sauce is cheating but hey...admit it...you know you use it too! *grin*  However, I was in a bit of a dilemma...I didn't want just Alfredo and I didn't want a tomato base sauce by itself. What to do...what to do!?! Mix 'em up! 

The color of the sauce turned out to be a very pretty one and boy oh boy it was tasty too! Enough talk about how good it was...let's get cooking!
 
Alfredo Rosa
1 jar Alfredo sauce 
1/4 c. tomato basil pasta sauce 
1 link of sausage sliced into rounds (Italian or beef) 
1 can chicken stock 
Water 
Olive oil 
12 oz bag uncooked Bowtie pasta 

Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil into bottom of cooking pot. Pour in Alfredo, pasta sauce, sauce, stock and dry pasta. Add in enough water to keep pasta moist. I used the Alfredo jar and swished the jar with enough water to almost fill (3/4 full.) Stir ingredients to combine. 
  Place lid on cooker and close valve. Cook for 6 minutes on Rice/Risotto setting.Quick release on the pressure valve (be careful not to burn yourself on the steam.) Serve warm. 

Click HERE for printable recipe

No comments: