Sunday, April 24, 2016

Beef Stew

 After a full day of cleaning house, the last thing on my mind was cooking. But alas...dinner must be made. So I turned to my faithful pressure cooker and made a pot of beef stew. 

I tweaked my usual recipe for stew as I didn't have everything on hand...but I refused t go to the market when I knew I could improvise. 

At one of the holiday markets we went to last December, we picked up a bag of all purpose seasoning from a vendor that works for Alamo Seasonings. I really like this all-purpose seasoning as it is not salty at all & has great flavor. So I added some to my stew to give it that little taste of Texas! :) 

This recipe could be made using the traditional stove top dutch oven cooking style, but since time was quickly ticking away, I pressure cooked it. 


Before
2-lbs. beef stew meat
1-lb peeled baby carrots
2-c. peeled, cubed potatoes
1 jar beef gravy
1 large carton beef stock
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1-Tblsp minced garlic
1-tsp dried minced onion
1 (4-oz) can sliced mushrooms; drained

cracked ground pepper to taste
1 1/2-tsp Alamo all purpose seasoning
1/2 tsp. McCormick's Grill Mates hamburger seasoning




In the cooking pot of your pressure add all ingredients and stir to mix. Place cooking pot into the pressure cooker & cover with lid; making sure to place in locked position. Close pressure valve. Cook on soup/stew setting for 48 minutes. Either quick release or natural release. Serve alone or over cooked rice.

Click HERE for printable recipe

No comments: