Monday, April 18, 2016

Pressure Cookin'

Several months ago I saw the Power Pressure Cooker XL (PPCXL) advertised on QVC. As I continued to watch the segment, I realized I "had" to have one. Yes, the marketing did it's job because this new fan-dangle contraption became an "unnecessary necessity" in under 30 minutes!

Impatience got the best of me, so I googled where I could purchase it. I mean, who has time to wait for it to be shipped to you, right!?! Well, lo and behold Bed Bath and Beyond had it and it was in stock at my local store. It was the same cost as they were selling it for on t.v. but...I had a 20% off store coupon that I could use on it. Ok, this was meant to be...so I rushed over to the store and bought that beautiful 6-qt cooker. 

Once I got home with it, I immediately pulled it out of the box. Oh how beautiful she was with her shiny black and stainless exterior. I read the instruction manual and did the initial water pressure test. It worked perfectly. Ok, so what the heck was I going to do with it now??? I had no idea how to cook in this thing. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all. *nervous nail biting grin*

I couldn't let it get the best of me, so I began just throwing things together to see what I could come up with. After a few "creations" I realized that I made a good decision in buying it. I LOVED this thing so much I ended up getting another one...and...another...and another. So I now have three 6-qt cookers and one 10-qt. Did I "need" them all...no, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. 

Looking at the picture the red one was ordered as a surprise (because he knows I love red) by my fiance. The middle one was one of the first models that PPC came out with. I found it at a liquidation sale for $20.00!!! It was destined to be mine at that price. The black & silver on the end is the one that started my pressure cooking obsession.

For my early birthday gift, my fiance ordered me the 10-qt big boy. Isn't it gorgeous!!! I'll be sharing a few of the dishes I have made in them. I hope you enjoy my cooking fetish as much as I am going to enjoy sharing it with you.


 

No comments: